Join our AGM via Zoom!
Notice of ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS OF THE the Environmental Youth Alliance Society (the “Society”)
The Board of Directors of the Society hereby gives notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held virtually by way of a Zoom meeting on July 20, 2021 starting at 5:30 PM, for the following purposes:
- to approve the agenda for the annual general meeting and the minutes from the last annual general meeting;
- to receive the financial statements of the Society for the period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020;
- to receive the report of the Directors and Executive Director to the Members;
- to elect Directors
- to vote on a Special Resolution to amend the bylaws (you can find a copy of full bylaws with the suggested changes here); and
- to transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
Members will receive an email at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled meeting permitting them to register through Zoom. After registering, members will receive a confirmation email with detailed instructions on how to join the meeting as well as access to the financial statements of the Society. Only members in good standing are entitled to vote at meetings.
Anyone else wishing to become a member and attend the AGM can pre-register by emailing Joey Levesque, Board Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership is FREE and entitles you to one vote on each matter put forward to the members of the Society for vote. Membership currently carries a 3 year term starting from the date of the annual general meeting up to the close of the Society’s annual general meeting in the 3rd year of the membership term. However, if the Special Resolution passes, membership will carry a 5 year term.
We are also looking for people interested in joining our Board – check out our postings here.
DATED June 11, 2021. UPDATED July 6, 2021.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Per: Joey Levesque, Secretary